“Students gain valuable insight into the real working world. They are forced to interact with professionals which can be very intimidating, so confidence is built once the initial fear of conversing with said professionals is overcome.”
Each year, we work with hundreds of employers throughout Vermont, both large and small, to create real-life learning opportunities. This is how our young people learn about themselves and gain the skills that they need to be marketable in today’s economy. Educating the next generation is not just the responsibility of our schools, but a collective responsibility with businesses having a great deal to offer through their human and physical resources. Navicate helps to bridge the words of education and business.
We do this by providing businesses:
1. Better prepared employees.
2. In-house trainings.
• to develop high quality internship and work-based learning programs in your workplace
• to create interactive career workshops
• to better understand and work effectively with youth
3. Simple ways to open a door for a student and share your story.
• provide tours of your workplace
• offer in-class presentations and/or workshops on leadership, innovation, your career field, etc.
• help students practice mock interviewing
• provide job shadow experiences
• create an internship
Want to get involved?
“I know myself and my potential– for college, for jobs, and for life– I’m much more prepared to go out into the community and professional world. It takes you out of non-awareness and into a world of possibilities.”
We work with middle and high schools to provide the tools and resources that help students gain the skills needed to be successful in life.
What we provide schools:
• Quality career and college readiness programs
• Assistance in creating a career development continuum
• Individualized support for students
• Connections to the business world to create experiences for students
• Trained and engaging career presenters
• Training for faculty / staff to implement quality work-based learning activities
Interested in bringing our programs to your school? CONNECT WITH US HERE.
“It is the only class I have taken that has allowed me to gain a distinct set of skills that will set me apart in college applications and in the job market. It has also taught me how to interact with employees and supervisors.”
Get ready! Ready to take the driver’s seat?
• Explore a career interest in a real way
• Discover your passions
• Take a college class for free/reduced tuition
• Find an amazing internship
• Experience a real work environment
• Create a professional resume and cover letter
• Build your personal brand
• Begin building a network
• Think like and become a professional
• Define yourself as a leader
• Gain employment
Not sure which one? Click here
Navicate gives you a broad and in depth look at different and current jobs and careers, and opens up doors to real-life job or educational opportunities."